Call to order at 12:16 pm
Visitors and Guests
- Linda Evans-Parlette, former state senator and current downtown Rotary member
- The Foothills Middle School Robotics team
- Cindy Herdt had a buck for her cousin Ron Guidry, who just published a book titled "My Life In Pinstripes" about his experience pitching for the New York Yankees.
- Greg Franz had a buck in celebration, he's a brand new grandpa!
- Patrick Bodell, WNR's resident ornithologist and owner of our local Wild Birds Unlimited shop gave a buck in recognition of the 49th species of bird he spotted in his backyard this year.
- "Nick's Bricks" at Pybus Public Market was this past Saturday and Kevin gave that wonderful event a plug. Since I'm writing this on the Tuesday after the event, this reporter can relate that the event was a smashing success and you can see photos and video from it on our Facebook page.
- March 21 there will be no meeting. Instead please join us at club social at 5:30 at President Richard DeRock's home in Sunnyslope. Richard will follow up with an email providing directions.
- For those of you who like to plan waaaaay in advance, the 2021 district conference will take place May 14-16 right here in Wenatchee, since president Richard will be the governor that year.
Program – Foothills Middle School's Robotics
During the last six months, the Wenatchee World has published multiple articles about the Foothills Middle School Robotics Team. That's because they are awesome. You can see an example of that coverage here.
Mr. Aaron Hansen, one of the teachers leading the program and three of his students, Noah, Miranda and Asanti were kind enough to explain what STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education means and walk us through the finer points of their robotics competitions, which pit them against the best STEM programs in the state. They've had their fair of success, bringing home many awards, placing in the top at state and being invited to "Worlds" which will be taking place soon.
But they need our help. In order to compete at Worlds they need to raise the funds to get there. That's where we come in. Please donate if you can. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and make checks payable to "Foothills Middle School attn: Robotics" to give.