25 people attending
- Our youngest Rotarian, Cam's baby son Jack.
- Gil Sparks with the Wenatchee Downtown Club.
- Paul and Linda, Andrea's parents.
- Luis, a guest of Braden's.
- Kris Cameron, a guest of Dom's.
- Brandt Gulick, a guest of Rob's.
- David Kazimba had a happy buck because it's the first day of school!
- Ron Brown also had a buck for that, and another for the Wine and Food Awards which took place this past weekend (watch a video recap here) as well as a buck for his daughter in college.
- Cam had a buck in thanks for old baseball buddies, with whom he recently had a 20-year reunion.
- Rob had a sad buck in support for a member who recently lost a loved one in law enforcement.
- Andrea's dad Paul had a happy buck for her joining our club, and said her grandfather (also a Rotarian) is very proud.
- Bob Bullis had a happy buck because he got to meet up with an old boot camp buddy from the Marines recently and spent some time catching up.
- Mike Williams had a happy buck for the light at the end of the tunnel that we're beginning to see when it comes to this smoky fire season.
- Ivan had a happy buck because he recently got to take a lovely road trip up into Canada and back.
- From Patrick Bodell: Our outbound exchange student Treat is settling in in Japan, and it was our inbound student Alina's first day of high school at WHS today.
- Gil Sparks wants to invite everyone to the all club meeting on Sept. 13 at Pybus Public Market, where we'll be hearing from Dr. Jeff Jones of UW medicine. Lunch is provided by Cafe Columbia and is $10, please let Rob know if you want to RSVP.
- From Lindsay Bentsen: Our Sept. 26 meeting will be an evening social at Andrea's house in East Wenatchee. Please email Andrea or/and Lindsay to RSVP and to get directions. Also go to our Facebook page for more info about that event.
- Our private club pickleball lessons will be taking place on Oct. 13 from 11-1. Please let Lindsay know if you'll be there.
- From President Richard: Please join us Oct. 24 for the all-club polio dinner.
- From Rob: Please sign up to serve concessions at the Battle of the Bridges EHS vs WHS high school football game on Nov. 2 at the Apple Bowl.
- Your last chance to volunteer to help out at the Gorge is this weekend during the Dave Matthews Band weekend. Please contact Rob if you can help out.
Today's Program: Mabel's Classification Talk
We are extremely lucky to have Dr. Mabel Bodell join our club recently and today she gave her classification talk. It was an interesting mix of her family and educational history and it was as fascinating as it was inspirational. I do believe our cumulative GPA, as it were, as a club went up considerably on the day she joined.
We'll post her slideshow to the blog later for those of you who missed the meeting.
Three Members Officially Inducted
And finally we officially welcomed three new members today: Andrea Johnson, Katja Rowell and Tony Hickok. Here's a short video of that:
Multimedia and copy by Dominick Bonny, vice president.