- Former state senator Linda Evans Parlette
- New proposed member Sarah Franklin
- Logan Pratt, videographer with Digital Media Northwest
- Patrick Bodell's guest Jaana Hatton.
- No meeting the week of July 31-Aug. 4. Instead, there will be an all-area luncheon at the Red Lion on Thursday followed by a BBQ at Sunrise Circle on Thursday evening. All WNR members are encouraged to attend! It's a chance to meet our new district governor.
- The Sunburn Classic was July 29 and 30 and we had great volunteer participation from WNR members including president Richard, Rob and Belinda Tidd, Patrick Bodell and his wife MaBell as well as new proposed member Sarah Franklin!
- Chelan Douglas Literacy Council had a garage sale this past weekend and they will be a guest at an upcoming WNR meeting soon. They are trying to raise funds for new signage to make themselves more visible to the community. Please visit their website here.
- Congratulations to new WNR parents Lindsay and David Bentsen as well as Braden Dragoo and his wife Jessica – BOTH couples had beautiful, healthy babies this week!
- Committees are being firmed up, and goals for the year have been identified and outlined for each. Check back here for a full list of committees and members coming soon. If you're not a member of a committee yet, please join one during the month of August.
- Greeters for the meeting of Aug. 9 are Martin Barron and Steve Ellis.
- We'll start taking attendance at the Aug. 9 meeting as well. It's a new tradition we're implementing mostly because RI likes us to take attendance and it gives us a better sense of who's coming to meetings regularly.
Presentation: Music Theatre of Wenatchee
This week we welcomed a group from the Music Theatre of Wenatchee and they gave us the 411 on this longstanding organization that helps keep our local arts scene vibrant and healthy. They started in 1961, for the specific purpose of staging the annual Apple Blossom musical. They still produce that yearly musical but have since branched out and began staging other plays and musicals during the other months of the year. They own the Riverside Playhouse on Wenatchee Avenue and are home to the "Short Shakespeareans" one of our local children's' theater programs.
They have 12 Angry Men and Guys and Dolls coming up next, and if you'd like to support the program, get tickets or get involved you can learn more via their website here.